Quick Computer Tips
- Safety and security come first! Make sure your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware definitions are up-to-date. Make sure you have a firewall and it’s turned on.
- Check to make sure your operating system has all of the updates and patches applied.
- If your computer begins to display many pop-up boxes, don’t click on them. This may be an attempt of other malicious processes running in the background trying to invoke and compromise your computer and steal data.
- When in doubt, save your work and save often! You should be able to work at your computer with comfort.
- Be mindful of how you have your hands positioned on the keyboard, the angle of how you move your mouse, to the chair you sit in, to the lighting which surrounds you.